Phison Showcases SATA III TLC SSD, 2TB MLC SSD, and Power-Fail Protection Design at CES 2015
CES 2015, Las Vegas (January 7, 2014) –
Phison Electronics Corporation (8299.TWO), a global leader in SSD controllers, showcases multiple exciting solutions at CES 2015, based on the SATA III quad-core CPU controller PS3110. PS3110 supports wide spectrums of applications, ushering a new era of SSD computing.
The PS3110 equipped TLC SSD is in 2.5’’SSD form factor, delivers up to 550MB/s sequential read and 520MB/s sequential write performance, with random 4K IOPS up 90,000 read and 80,000 write on the 1TB SSD live demo. With Phison’s in-house proprietary ECC algorithm SmartECC™ and other enhancement to extend the NAND endurance and reliability, PS3110 TLC SSD is the best solution for cost-centric market as a hard drive replacement, as well as the cold storage segment for hyperscale application where pricing of TLC is attractive. The PS3110 TLC solution will be in customer sampling in Q1 of 2015, with mass production target at beginning of Q2, 2015.
On the MLC SSD solution, Phison has extended the capacity support up to 2TB on the 2.5’’ SSD, maintaining high performance at 550MB/s and 540MB/s sequential read and write, with 100,000 and 90,000 random read and write. This is made possible from the quad-core PS3110 with enough drive strength to support up to 128 NAND dies in a single design. 2TB SSD will serve the high-capacity demanded market.
The third highlighted showcase is a full power-fail protection SSD design that will completely protect valuable in-transit data during the event of power interruption. Along with the end-to-end data path protection feature built-in to the controller, PS3110 is in the driver seat to be a strong contender to enable enterprise-level customers.
“PS3110, since its debut at Flash Memory Summit four months ago, has drawn significant interests from industry-wide customers,” said KS Pua, CEO of Phison Electronics. “PS3110 has been qualified by retail gaming customers, PC OEMs, and enterprise partners. We expect to see significant volume in the first half of 2015”.
PS3110 also features an in-house designed data recovery software, where the whole drive recovery is made possible with a simple utility tool even when the drive has entered the debug mode. This is a useful add-on feature for the end consumer, providing the last line of defense for data corruption.
Key highlights for PS3110 solution include:
• Up to 2 Terabytes support
• 1Ynm and 1Znm SLC, MLC, and TLC support
• Ultra high MLC performance, Up to
- Sequential Read: up to 550MB/s
- Sequential Write: up to 540MB/s
- 4K Random Read: up to 100,000 IOPS
- 4K Random Write: up to 90,000 IOPS
• Ultra high TLC performance, Up to
- Sequential Read: up to 550MB/s
- Sequential Write: up to 520MB/s
- 4K Random Read: up to 90,000 IOPS
- 4K Random Write: up to 80,000 IOPS
• Support both commercial and industrial grade requirements
• AES-256, TCG OPAL 2.0 compliant (A10 derivative)
• S.M.A.R.T support with Phison SSD ToolBox
• End-to-end data path protection
• SmartECC™ RAID data protection
• Power-Fail Management with SmartFlush™ and GuaranteedFlush™ technology
• Support Full Power Loss Protection design
• Advanced read disturb management with SmartRefresh™ technology
• Advanced global wear-leveling
About Phison Electronics:
Phison Electronics Corporation was established in November 2000 at Hsinchu, Taiwan. Started with the world’s first single-chip USB flash drive IC, Phison is now a market leader in NAND Flash controllers and applications including USB, SD, eMMC, PATA, SATA, and PCIe. In 2010, the company shipped over 500 million controllers worldwide and topped US 1 billion dollars in sales revenue. A NAND flash total solution provider, Phison also offers system and OEM services for major retail brand names. As used in this release, the terms “company” and “Phison” refer to Phison Electronics Corporation. For more information, visit http://www.phison.com.