Computex, Taipei (May 30, 2016)
Today Phison Electronics Corporation (8299.TW) announces its availability of the company’s next generation Industrial Grade SATA III SSD controller, the PS3111-S11T. The PS3111-S11T is a controller designed with “Industrial DNA” which includes enhanced reliability, design flexibility, and industry wide NAND Flash support from planar 2D to 3D SLC/MLC/TLC. SSD solution providers now have the luxury to reduce development efforts for embedded and client applications. The Phison PS3111-S11T will begin shipping on June of 2016.
Client SSD solutions can now take advantage of extended reliability features from the PS3111-S11T controller such as End to End Data Path Protection, SmartECC™, SmartZIPTM and SmartFlush™. Low Density Parity Check(LDPC) is another feature that can enhance lower P/E cycle NAND Flash to meet industry endurance requirements. Though performance has never been a key focus for industrial needs, the PS3111-S11T controller is a very capable high performing SATA III controller that can reach up to 550 MB/s Sequential Read, 500 MB/s Sequential Write, 91K Random Read IOPS and 86K Random Write IOPS.
Embedded SSD solutions has been an area Phison has focused on since 2008. The PS3111-S11T will continue to provide the same industrial traits such as extended temperature support from -40°C to 85°C and extended endurance NAND Flash support from 1Znm SLC that can achieve up to 730TBW and 36TBW with 1Znm MLC respectively, based on a 16GB capacity solution. Phison has a long history of supporting unique form factors ranging from uSSD, CFast, and MO-297 to mainstream M.2 and 2.5” for the embedded market.
Key Features of PS3111-S11T:
• SATA III/6Gbps backwards compatible to SATA Gen I and II
• 1Znm SLC/pSLC/MLC/TLC and 3D NAND Support
• DRAM and DRAM-Less Support
• 16GB to 1TB Capacity Support
• Supports Error Correction Code with LDPC
• High Performance
- Sequential Read: up to 550 MB/s
- Sequential Write: up to 500 MB/s
- 4K Random Read: up to 91,000 IOPS
- 4K Random Write: up to 86,000 IOPS
• S.M.A.R.T support, with additional Smart Recovery and Workload Analysis Tool
• End-to-End Data Path Protection
• SmartECC™ RAID Page Parity Data Protection
• SmartFlush™ Technology for Unexpected Power Loss Protection
• SmartZIP™ Technology for Enhanced Endurance
• Advanced Read Disturb Management with SmartRefresh™ Technology
** Additional Industrial Grade Embedded Features:
• Extended Temperature Support from -40°C to 85°C
• SLC and pSLC NAND Support
Phison will present the latest PS3111-S11T SATA Controller at Computex, Taipei from May 31- June 4, 2016.