Phison Announces PS3111-S11T, Industrial Grade SATA III Controller for Embedded and Client SSD Solutions
Computex, Taipei (May 30, 2016)
Today Phison Electronics Corporation (8299.TW) announces its availability of the company’s next generation Industrial Grade SATA III SSD controller, the PS3111-S11T. The PS3111-S11T is a controller designed with “Industrial DNA” which includes enhanced reliability, design flexibility, and industry wide NAND Flash support from planar 2D to 3D SLC/MLC/TLC. SSD solution providers now have the luxury to reduce development efforts for embedded and client applications. The Phison PS3111-S11T will begin shipping on June of 2016.
Client SSD solutions can now take advantage of extended reliability features from the PS3111-S11T controller such as End to End Data Path Protection, SmartECC™, SmartZIPTM and SmartFlush™. Low Density Parity Check(LDPC) is another feature that can enhance lower P/E cycle NAND Flash to meet industry endurance requirements. Though performance has never been a key focus for industrial needs, the PS3111-S11T controller is a very capable high performing SATA III controller that can reach up to 550 MB/s Sequential Read, 500 MB/s Sequential Write, 91K Random Read IOPS and 86K Random Write IOPS.
Embedded SSD solutions has been an area Phison has focused on since 2008. The PS3111-S11T will continue to provide the same industrial traits such as extended temperature support from -40°C to 85°C and extended endurance NAND Flash support from 1Znm SLC that can achieve up to 730TBW and 36TBW with 1Znm MLC respectively, based on a 16GB capacity solution. Phison has a long history of supporting unique form factors ranging from uSSD, CFast, and MO-297 to mainstream M.2 and 2.5” for the embedded market.
Key Features of PS3111-S11T:
• SATA III/6Gbps backwards compatible to SATA Gen I and II
• 1Znm SLC/pSLC/MLC/TLC and 3D NAND Support
• DRAM and DRAM-Less Support
• 16GB to 1TB Capacity Support
• Supports Error Correction Code with LDPC
• High Performance
- Sequential Read: up to 550 MB/s
- Sequential Write: up to 500 MB/s
- 4K Random Read: up to 91,000 IOPS
- 4K Random Write: up to 86,000 IOPS
• S.M.A.R.T support, with additional Smart Recovery and Workload Analysis Tool
• End-to-End Data Path Protection
• SmartECC™ RAID Page Parity Data Protection
• SmartFlush™ Technology for Unexpected Power Loss Protection
• SmartZIP™ Technology for Enhanced Endurance
• Advanced Read Disturb Management with SmartRefresh™ Technology
** Additional Industrial Grade Embedded Features:
• Extended Temperature Support from -40°C to 85°C
• SLC and pSLC NAND Support
Phison will present the latest PS3111-S11T SATA Controller at Computex, Taipei from May 31- June 4, 2016.